Ron is an accomplished and highly regarded executive with experience in leading ongoing operations, directing companies toward primary goals, and developing and implementing company plans and programs.
Ron is coming to Wichita Falls, TX, from Birmingham, AL, where he was the President & CEO for the Birmingham Business Alliance. He oversaw organization’s transition and relaunch, including economic development, chamber of commerce, leadership programming, as well as equity and inclusion initiatives. He consulted with partners and stakeholders in the Birmingham region to create employment opportunities and promote a competitive and diverse economy.
- Optimized organizational revenue by 22% by devising and deploying robust strategies.
- Relaunched the Chamber of Commerce & increased job announcements by 40% through client companies.
Previously Senior Partner & CEO of Southwest Michigan First – Kalamazoo, Sturgis, and Three Rivers where he directed strategy, administration, and long-term success of privately financed economic development consulting business in seven counties of Southwest Michigan focusing on job growth, leadership development, and social change.
- Generated $9.3M in annual consolidated revenue in 2020, with annual revenue growth of 19%
- Implemented organizational growth that resulted in 50% earned – 50% membership revenue.
Other notable accomplishments:
- Founder – Catalyst University – providing leadership and business training to more than 60,000 leaders from inception to ensure continuous process and performance improvements
- Co-Founder – Consultant Connect. Created the nation’s largest economic development consulting firm focusing on strategic marketing, relational development, and leadership growth.
- General Partner – Southwest Michigan First Life Science Fund. Co-Launched and operated the nation’s largest community-based venture fund (per the Financial Times) capitalized at $85M.
Ron offers deep strengths in developing and managing boards and guiding start-up initiatives, providing overall direction, mentorship, and coaching to facilitate development victories. He brings a proven track record in overseeing the steady growth of regional development efforts including Southwest Michigan First where it was consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to work in America.
Ron is excited by the opportunity and confident in his abilities and experience to assume this leadership role, helping the vision and strategy with the Chamber leadership team, Board, and Stakeholders to advance and lead the success of the Wichita Falls Region.